Most homeowners don’t think about the components of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or before it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be extremely nice to understand how a refrigerator keeps your food cold—and A&L Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to learn what you need to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to hire refrigerator repair Escondido.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many homes that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own household appliance for several years. A refrigerator will store your food at the right temperature, to reduce spoilage and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by distributing the warmth from the interior of the appliance to the exterior, relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call A&L Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combo of a motor and a pump, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is attached on the rear outside wall of the appliance and will help to emit the heat absorbed within the refrigerator then out in the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located on the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs heat contained within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is carried through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, transforming the gas into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat will regulate the current temperature throughout the refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Escondido for service right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the compressor to begin, and then the next cooling period starts. The appliance draws in the cool liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes it, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the hot gas towards the condenser coils on the outside of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the home and returns to a liquified form.
3. The cool liquified gas continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator, finding its way through the coils within the refrigerator and freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from the interior of the appliance, reducing the temperature back to the optimal final point.
5. The liquid then evaporates, and will return back to a gas form, and returns to the compressor unit to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in several applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from one area and then transferring it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, provides a safe space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of several different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule repair with A&L Appliance Repair.
A&L Appliance Repair can repair nearly all standard models of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed appliance repairmen in Escondido complete training to fix problems with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch panels, smart synchronization and other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Escondido Appliance Repair